SCAMP -Maths-

Can SCAMP be used as a mathematical music composer tool; automated one?
I mean not to transcribe mathematical algorithms to the code but instead that the code in Python_SCAMP, can produce something more different and variate that simply chaotic or random notes? I hear something about L-Systems, but is for example a function in Python inside the software that produce mathematical music? -In the way for example OpenMusic or SuperCollider works actually now?

Hi, I don’t want to be annoying but I just what to want to know is if SCAMP can be used as an automated tool for mathematical music, I know we can use random notes for example, but it is possible to use other mathematical models into SCAMP? If some one is familiar to SuperCollider there are some objects called Ugens, that have some mathematical models like Fibonacci, probability etc, and that Ugens generate mathematical automated timbres. Where can I find in the SCAMP documentation about maths?

If the administrator don’t wants this topic into the forum just say and I stop to write about the topic, thanks.

No problem with the topic; it’s just a little vague.

In fact, I just did a seminar specifically on making math-based music in Python/SCAMP!

Hi - have a look at some of Marc’s YouTube videos, which show what is possible in scamp e.g. this one on the Fibonacci sequence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIf4WUCNZU.

Thanks a lot!
Dear Marc and Chris;
I found better to transcribe my algorithms from paper “math paper” to traditional SCAMP sequencer.
For me is better to create complex maths in calculators and represent that into notes, tempos and durations as well as decibels via the traditional SCAMP way. I’m following a complete Python course so may be in the future I will possible be able to create some codes for my own algorithms. Thanks a lot for the information, Jose Ignacio.